Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ground Hog's Day

Six more weeks of winter they say......I'm SO ready for spring! I guess I'm going to have to MAKE my own spring. So, TA-DAH! I found this link:Teeny Tiny Flowers. This looks like a fun, stash-busting project. What, you ask, am I going to do with these flowers? Not really sure yet......but, I have a few ideas! I'm off to dig through my stash for yarn!



2/9/12-Update:
Here's my first attempt at the Teeny Tiny Flowers. Two things I didn't like about them.
  1. The center hole is kind of big. 
  2. The leaves are also big.
I'm not sure what I did wrong.....Lucy's didn't look like this!

So, I made some modifications. This is my second attempt:

I think it seems a little better. Here's what I did differently:
  1. When beginning the flower, I ch3 instead of ch4.
  2. Since I didn't want a bunch of individual leaves. When beginning the leaf, I slip st to the back of the flower before I ch6. This anchors the leaf to the flower.
  3. I eliminated row 2 of the leaf instructions.
  4. After completing the first leaf, I slip st across the back of the flower to where I want to start my second leaf.
They're very cute, don't you think? Very Springy! I can't wait to start sewing them to stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment