Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Project I Just Can't Seem To Finish.....

In 2006 I knit a BUNCH of garter stitch scarves with Lion Brand's Homespun yarn. I just LOVED the colors and softness of this yarn. Since I knit these scarves on size 50 needles, they were REALLY quick. After I knit all those scarves, I had a lot of odds and ends of Homespun. A Granny Square Afghan seemed like the perfect way to use up those scraps. 
So, off and on, I began making Granny Squares. Along the way, I had to pick up more yarn to make more blocks and of course, the borders. In 2010, I decided I probably had enough squares to finish the blanket and began putting the blanket together. So, I sc around each block with my border color then began sewing the blocks together(trying to weave in the ends as I go). This has been a slo-o-o-o-o-o-ow, tedious process for me. It's the exact reason I can so easily abandon this project for something different. To begin with, while Homespun yarn is fine to make the squares, it's not as easy to sew together. I wish I had found this method for joining squares before I started! I wonder if it's too late to begin this method? Would it look too different from the section I already have done?I JUST HAVE TO GET THIS FINISHED! Maybe 2012 will be the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment