Saturday, January 28, 2012

12" Squares for JCCF

Since about April 2011, I've been crocheting squares for Justin Cowboy Crisis Fund. We make blankets for injured rodeo athletes to give them a little cheering up. It's been so much fun trying different crochet patterns, but I really wanted to find a pattern that I could just whip up without having to read instructions. Something easy that I could just REMEMBER. So, I found this little booklet One Square, Many Ways. Lots of different color combos using just one basic square and I could remember the instructions! I just had one little problem, all the rounds ended up changing in one corner. That one corner got a little globby.
Then, I found this pattern.....Unholey Granny Square! Really the only difference, is that the round changes take place just INSIDE the corner. So, the ch3 stitches are hidden BETWEEN the dc's. Well, they're hidden if I don't try to carry the previous color behind the current color. Sometimes, I just shouldn't experiment with things. This is my new go-to pattern!



2/11/12- I completed this block a couple of days ago:

Right Side
For something different, I crocheted 4 4-rnd squares and single crocheted them together. I used this method.


wrong side
 Then I dc around the entire block with the same yarn I sc the blocks with. Looks pretty good don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment