Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ham and Swiss Quiche

I actually posted this Ham and Cheese Quiche early on.....It was one of the posts I deleted when I was having issues with the fonts. I've been trying to find meals that I can freeze so that we have ready-made meals for the nights that we are just too exhausted to cook. So, here it is again:
Ham and Swiss Quiche

2 pastry shells (9 inches)
2 cups fully cooked diced ham
2 cups Swiss cheese
4 eggs
2 cups half and half cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Place pastry shells in 9-inch pie plates or springform pans. Line unpricked pastry shells with aluminum foil. Bake at 400F for 5 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 5 minutes longer. Divide ham and cheese between the two shells. In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pour into shells. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Or cover edges with foil and bake at 400F for 35-40 minutes on until a knife iserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
To use frozen Quiche: Completely thaw in the refrigerator. Bake as directed.

Option: I prefer to bake the quiches and then freeze. You cannot believe the mess I have made trying to get the quiches from my kitchen up to the freezer in the shed! Let's just say, you must carry the quiche VERY level to keep the liquid from running out the sides!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment