Sunday, August 26, 2012

What to Do? What to Do?

I've mentioned the project I just can't seem to finish. I decided to try to finish it during Ravelry's Ravellenic games (during the Olympics). I was making good progress when the games ended. Basically, I had completed crocheting the blocks together and started crocheting the edging. I knew it wouldn't take me long to finish the afghan now! About halfway through the edging and then.......This.


No-o-o-o-o-o! I wanted to cry! I wanted to frog! After all this time! WHY?!?!?! I have to tell you, though, when I first started this project I really had no good method for weaving in the ends. This comes from being a sort of "learn-as-you-go" kind of girl. I'm pretty sure I can fix this block. The BIG problem.......I'm planning on giving this as a gift. Is this going to happen again? What to do? What to DO?
So.....Here's what  I think I've decided to do. Fix the affected block. Then.......wash the afghan and see how many other blocks come apart. Then.....fix those blocks. Because, REALLY, what else can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment