Thursday, July 12, 2012

"Ponytail" Holders



Get it? Sorry.......I just couldn't resist! Not the best picture either......my model wouldn't co-operate! But, you get the idea. Anyway, I found this tutorial at Lionbrand. It was just the type of project I needed. I've been in sort of a knitting/crocheting slump lately. Kind of ho-hum projects that are taking me WAY too long to finish. They shouldn't. They just are!




These ponytail holders seemed like they would crochet up pretty fast and also make nice little gifts. So, I dug through my stash and found a few yarns that I thought would make nice hair ties. Here's what I found:



Some glittery yarns. After finishing the basic holder, I decided a little lace edge would be pretty. After you join the with slip st to beg ch 3 here's what you do: *ch4, sc to top of the next dc; repeat this stitch around to where you started. Finish off.



Textured and Self-striping yarns. After finishing the basic holder, I just added a round of sc to the top of each dc just to give it a little edge. You could easily do a hdc if you preferred. Maybe even a different color?





Novelty yarns. These I just held the novelty yarn together with a fingering weight yarn and crocheted the basic holder.
So, dig through your stash and see what you can come up with. They take very little yarn (maybe 20 yards?). Very little time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment