Thursday, April 19, 2012

Weaving in Ends as you Go

I've been reading a lot of people sympathizing with other crocheters about all the ends they will have to be weaving in. This got me to thinking I should share my "Weaving in ends as you go" method. I'm a self-taught crocheter, so this method may be sort of unconventional. It works for me though. Maybe it will work for you too.

Catching the tail in your chain:


When chaining, place your tail yarn (pale gray) over your working yarn (dark gray). Yo with working yarn trapping the tail yarn between stitches. When you do this it moves your tail yarn up to the top of your work. Continue as normal around ring.

Weaving in Tail Yarn:

When you get back to your tail yarn. Using your crochet hook, pull the tail yarn through the back loop of your stitches around to any corner (I like to end at a corner because your next round of stitches will cover it).


Continue your next round treating the back loops (with tail woven through) as if it's one yarn. Your next round will lock that tail yarn in place.



After you've crocheted over the corner (with the tail yarn), cut yarn close to cover stitch. Continue this method every time you need to change colors.


You will get a little bit of a ridge on the back side of your work, but that's worth it to me if I don't have a gazillion ends to weave in at the end of my block!

No comments:

Post a Comment