Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter Everyone!

Friday it was sunny! Only 46 degrees, but, it was sunny. I took advantage of the sun and got some garden stuff done. I planted a couple of perennials. A Salmon colored Oriental poppy and a crimson colored Dianthus ( the low-growing, cround cover type). A lot of people believe you should plant on Good Friday. So, I did. I also did a little weeding and pruning in the flower beds. Plus, I found the first spring bloom.


There were several other Crocuses that should be opening soon!
Oh, and I saw my first hummingbird, too! He was so pretty. Green body and violet head. I had a hard time getting a picture of him. My camera is a little slow to get a picture of a hummingbird.



This picture really doesn't do him justice, but, it's what I got. If you want to lure hummingbirds to your feeder, the recipe I use is on this post. Spring is here! I hope everyone has a very Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment