Saturday, March 24, 2012

Signs of Spring?

Apparently, eastern Oregon is going to be the last place to see the signs of Spring. It snowed on the 20th (first day of Spring) and every day since then. Okay, it usually melts by the afternoon. Still, it's snow.


I started checking my flower garden for any signs of new growth. Here's what I found.....under the snow. Look closely!


Iris sprouts! How exciting is that? It won't be long now......Soon.......Spring!
So, I filled the hummingbird feeders for their future arrival.


I enjoy watching them whirring around the feeders. So, I like to keep them full from spring into fall. It's such a simple recipe to whip up:

Hummingbird Feed

1/2 cup SUGAR (no artificial sweetners!)
2 cups water

Heat for 2-3 minutes in the microwave until all sugar is dissolved. Let cool in the refrigerator for several hours(or overnight). Fill feeder. I prefer a feeder that has quite a bit of red on it (to attract the little hummers). Hang feeder and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment