Saturday, March 17, 2012

Two More Blocks for Sampler Afghan

It was a rainy, miserable day yesterday. So, I completed two more blocks. First Pretty Petals



I have to tell you, once I figured out what I was doing with the clusters, this block just FLEW! I finished all but the last two rounds in one evening! That's FAST for me! Love, LOVE, LOVE this block!

Then, since I was having such success, I made another Maggies Square. This isn't even a block for 2012 BAM/CAL (well, at least so far it's not), but I LOVE making it. That's all the criteria I need for a block!




I know it looks a little wonky in the photo. I was so excited to post photos, I haven't even blocked the squares yet! 

Now, I have to decide what to make next. I'm kind of thinking 4 6-inch squares sewn together? Just not sure yet. Some of the blocks I want to make need at least three colors. So, I need to consider adding another color to my color scheme. Since I'm considering this for a gift I'm not sure about this either. I really think a little black would look very classy with the off white and taupe. Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment