Friday, March 16, 2012

It only took me until MARCH to make February's square

In January, I joined Ravelry's 2012 BAM/CAL. Now, I only joined to check out different blocks and color combinations other people use. Maybe there would be a block or two I could use for blocks for JCCF .I had NO intention of making an afghan. Then, I got to thinking (this is the dangerous part for me). Wouldn't it be fun to make a sampler afghan. February's block seemed like the perfect place to start. I had seen someone had done one in a solid color. Maybe I should make one in off-white? I just didn't make a decision until March.
I began the block. It was going pretty good too. Until round 7. This is the round the designer warns you to follow the instructions and trust that by round 12 it WILL flatten out. Flattening out didn't seem to be my concern though. Getting the heart to CENTER was! I ripped back and started over SEVERAL times before remebering I had seen a tutorial somewhere. I found it! The tutorial here! Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU! So I ripped back to round 5 (it's the crucial round) and began again. Now, I should have 12 ch-3 spaces on each side with the sc of the 12th directly centerd  at the bottom of the heart. Nope! It took me awhile to figure out that somehow SOMETHING had gone TERRIBLY wrong in round 4! So, I ripped out round 4! After that......smooth sailing!
Here it is!


Isn't it BEAUTIFUL? I think it's so elegant in one color. I was so-o-o-o-o-o happy to finish this, I decided to start January's square. Almost finished it in one evening. I'm on the last round. I'll post it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment