Thursday, March 29, 2012

Windowsill Gardening



 Snow on the ground. Again. I NEED to grow something. ANYTHING. I stumbled upon these little articles on the internet the other day. I mean actually stumbled.I was looking at a coffee cozy pattern on their site. Anyway, First.....Growing Green Onions in Water. I LOVED this idea. On my way home from work the other day, I picked up onions. I used the tops in a Stir-fry for dinner, saving about 2-inches of the bulb end for growing.

Day 2



Day 4
Amazing how fast they grew! Then, I decided I should expand my windowsill garden with Sprouting in a Mason Jar. They had mentioned radish sprouts being sort of spicy. I LOVE radishes.....let's try radish sprouts!


Day 3
Not a super good photo......but, you can see some sprouts. Anyway, until I can get out and play in the dirt, Windowsill gardening will have to do!




1 comment:

  1. I love your windowsill garden! I am definitely going to try some of this. Photos to follow =)

    ReplyDelete